Melissa Caughey

This easy to make fairy house is crafted from seashells and pinecones.

These days, miniature gardening seems to be hitting an all time high.  These gardens are easy to maintain, take up little space and can be brought indoors during the off-season. I love combining one-of-a-kind handcrafted items with store bought accessories for the garden.  A great place to start when crafting your very own miniature garden is with the house. I was inspired by the sea. So with that in mind, I converted a basic bird house found at the craft store into this sweet little cottage.

Supplies

• One pre-made wooden birdhouse
  • Decorative shell pieces found in the silk floral section of the craft store
  • One small shell
  • Weatherproof glue
  • Pinecones
  • An air plant

Follow the directions in the photo gallery below to get inspired and craft your own miniature house.

Coastal Fairy House 8 photos

Stay tuned, in my next post I will share how to put together the surrounding fairy garden, decorate the inside of the fairy house and handcraft miniature items.

• Candyce Byrne
    There's something inside the house I can't quite puzzle out. What is it and does it serve some purpose? Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

• Stephanie Halliday
    It is just a little decoration for the fairies. Looks lto be a small stainless steel bowl or cup. The fairies can take a bath or use it as a table! =D Super cure idea!

Posted 2 years ago

• Melissa Caughey
    Yes, Candyce you are so perceptive! Stephanie is right! It is actually a miniature colander that we found at the local thrift store. We like to put a few flower petals in it and make it a bed. Add a daisy for a pillow and a nice soft leaf (like Lamb's Ear) for a blanket.

Posted 2 years ago

• Tracy Dorsey
    what glue did you use?

• Melissa Caughey
    Hi Tracy! As I cannot mention specific brands, here is a little clue about the glue. I used the clear version of the glue with a monkey on it that starts with "G". They have it at all crafting stores and large home improvements stores. I hope this helps and happy crafting creating a fairy house!

• Tracy Dorsey
    Thank you Melissa! : )

How To Make A Bee House

How To Make A Bee House

This homemade nesting box will encourage bees to nest in your garden and ensure you have bumper fruit crops every year.